We know that districts often want their own teams to take full responsibility for creating district assessments. To do this, they may engage teachers and coaches to build assessments. While these teams have deep expertise in the curriculum, they may have limited understanding of how to build assessments that influence learning.
Our experts will review assessments built by your district teams and provide specific feedback and guidance to improve the effectiveness of your assessments.
- Learn from our experience and body of knowledge about assessment best practice.
- Learn how assessment structure and content can influence learning.
- Adapt our mediated assessment review process to make your review process run smoothly.
- Build assessment-creation capacity in your district without risking assessment quality.
- Improve district-wide buy-in for assessments.
Our content experts meet with your team to determine the best way to leverage our expertise. ELA and math meetings are led by subject-area specialists in their own field.
Detailed review documents provide guidance about standards and DOK coverage as well as time on task. They also offer specific suggestions for replacement content.