Native college- and career-ready content prepares students to meet their post-secondary goals. Content re-aligned from legacy standards cannot do this.
Assessment content that elicits evidence of learning from each response helps teachers make meaningful instructional choices.
Embed professional development with content that:
- shows the relationship between specific skills and higher-order thinking
- includes authentic, permissioned texts of appropriate complexity
- documents student progress using DOK and learning progressions
Address your scope and sequence so that your assessments do not waste valuable instruction time.
The Fluence CCR Content Bank is available through the data analysis and administration platform of your choice.
TO SUPPORT YOUR ASSESSMENT PROGRAM
Fluence's CCR Content Bank is made up of content that covers the breadth and depth of college- and career-ready standards in grades 2 through high school ELA and math. This includes more than 35,000 items, including items that address Literacy in History/Social Studies and Literacy in Science and Technical Subjects and NGSS.
Our more than 1,500 complex texts include authentic
texts—including contemporary, permissioned texts—and are tagged with Certified Lexile scores and qualitative measures.
ITEM TYPES. Our traditional item types include
- multiple choice
- multiple correct answer
- linked multiple choice
- short constructed response
- extended response
- drag and drop
- classification and sorting
- graph plotting
- ordering a list, sequencing
- text highlight
- number line
- math formula
- simple chart
- formula essay
- ANSWER-CHOICE RATIONALES. Every item includes rationales for the correct and incorrect answers. These rationales allow teachers to evaluate student responses for error patterns and make more informed instructional choices.
- DETAILED PROMPT-SPECIFIC RUBRICS. Every constructed response item in both ELA and math includes detailed rubrics that are specific to the prompt.
- COMPLEX TEXTS. Our texts cover the text complexity expectations for college- and career-readiness. More than 40% are authentic, including texts from contemporary, permissioned sources. All texts are tagged with quantitative (Certified Lexile) and qualitative measures of complexity.
- DEPTH OF KNOWLEDGE (DOK) BALANCE. All of our items are tagged with a DOK level from 1 to 3, distributed to be consistent with CCR expectations.
We begin every item by articulating the evidence of student learning that it needs to gather. Then we develop the item to elicit that evidence. This evidence is important for educators who are striving to address the instructional shifts. To do this, an item's distractors must represent common errors or misconceptions.
Even the most experienced content developer cannot completely escape his or her biases. To that end, we have created a set of guidelines so that members of our content team can continuously re-orient themselves to the needs of our diverse audience.
We develop all assessment content in a multi-stage process designed to ensure
content quality and accuracy
construct validity and alignment to assessment targets
cultural competence, legal compliance, and lack of bias
Our content team pays special attention to the needs of English language learners (ELL) by reviewing our content to be consistent with our ELL guidelines. These guidelines insure that all of our items
include vocabulary, images, and examples that are likely to be familiar to all students
define or illustrate unfamiliar terms within the context
are written in Standard English