Creating a blueprint is not a prerequisite to creating an assessment, however it can simplify the process of creating a coherent assessment program. It will also streamline how you select your content and ensure your assessments match your instructional goals.
Our assessment experts conduct onsite or remote workshops with your team to build blueprints that match your instructional goals.
Coaching and Development
Turn your assessment program vision into a plan.Our assessment experts help your team create an assessment program plan specific for your district’s instructional goals. This includes
- Mapping assessment windows to pacing guides
- Discussing the relationship between curriculum and assessment items
- Determining the frequency, number, and allotted time of assessments
- Skill emphasis areas per grade/subject
Bring your plan to life through blueprint development.Our assessment experts will help your team to create blueprints that lay the foundation for building assessments. This includes
- Discussing priorities that inform which standards to assess and how many items are appropriate for each grade/subject
- Using the blueprint resource to define the standards assessed, number of items, item types, and content limitation notes
These workshops can be conducted in person or remotely. ELA and math workshops are led by subject-area specialists in their own field.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have created actual blueprints, which will be ready to provide the framework for future assessment creation.